At this level, children will develop a range of important skills such as balance, floatation, movement, water familiarisation, water safety, and breath control, which will eventually lead to submersion at the child's own pace.
Our primary goal is to provide patient and nurturing support so that children can enjoy the experience while building their confidence and abilities in the water.
Please note: We do not force dunking.
Baby swim lessons typically involve a variety of activities aimed at introducing infants to the water and developing their water safety skills. These classes are typically designed for babies between the ages of 6 months and 3 years old.
At this level, the primary focus is on creating an enjoyable experience for the child through patient and nurturing support. By providing a supportive environment that encourages exploration and discovery, children can develop their skills and confidence in the water, setting them up for a lifetime of safer swimming and a lifelong love of swimming.
Baby swim lessons can help infants develop their motor skills, coordination, strength and confidence in the water. Many children will build social skills, learn social cues like taking turns and sharing. Parents can also enjoy a friendly social environment.
Certificates: Clams, Tadpoles, Frogs, Stingrays
- All children in these groups MUST wear proper close fitting, elastic leg swimmers nappies for the cleanliness of the pool, yourself and other patrons
- NEVER remove nappies whilst in or near the pool. Only in designated change area; change table or change rooms.
- Please INFORM US ASAP if your child will be absent to allow other makeup lessons to be completed or people on waiting lists to be able to attend.
- Goggles and caps are not required at this stage.
- Parents/buddies are able to wear whatever they feel comfortable in; t-shirts are requested as it gives babies something to hold on to to buils their grip and independance.
- Parents do not have to wear caps but must have hair tied back.
- For colder months please keep your children warm after class with beanies & socks.
Read our Winter Ideas for tips.